Recent Board Changes

The latest Site and Forum Information

Moderator: Zendragon

Fifthrider
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Fifthrider » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:06 pm

Well then, you're better than me. I've learned I can't please ANYONE so I give them something and tell them to shut up and be happy. I applaud your patience.

Just to clarify, my previous comments were a wish-list or my first impressions. Raw, uncensored, unfiltered by any notions of what I think people want to hear. It's honest feedback and nothing more.

As for the current look, I agree that this is way better than pastels or some other looks. If a new look HAS to be done ( and it does ) then this is just fine. But a background would still be fitting. With the previous earthtones the Indy/Lara look with the global map was a great and well liked idea. On this new black/grey thing a more techno look and feel is appropriate, thus my suggestion of a more James Bond or perhaps even Sci-Fi look to it.

I'm sure whatever you do it will look fine.
Before going to bed each night, Chuck Norris checks his closet for... Bryan Fear.

aNa
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by aNa » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:19 pm

well, my first reaction when I saw the changes was :shock: and then :jawdrop:

I kinda like the new look but it isn't the same thing (as new things never are, lol!). I just feel it is a bit heavy...

As many have said, I also loved the adventure earthtones and map from the previous look.

Anyway, you can never please both greeks and trojans... Above all, I think you did an excellent job with this new look, Zen... but getting familiar with it will take its time fer me... :wink:

Mich
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Mich » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Ooooh.Now then...I've changed it to the sub-silver board, and that's LULLY! Nice and bright.... :D :D :D Can we keep this one if we choose???
Tee hee, it's like i've just put the big light on.... :lol:
Now, it looks FANTASTIC! :wink:

Lara_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Lara_Croft » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:58 pm

Mich wrote:How much more black could it be?
None more black!

Aren't there any nice (bright, pastel) colour choices?

I agree with Mich, it should be something light. It's nicer for the eyes to read. Maybe we can make a poll and vote for best color?

Lara_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Lara_Croft » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:00 pm

Sub Silver is great! :o :D

Zendragon
Man Behind the Curtan
Man Behind the Curtan

Post by Zendragon » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:52 pm

Lara_Croft wrote:
None more black!

I agree with Mich, it should be something light. It's nicer for the eyes to read. Maybe we can make a poll and vote for best color?

Here is the deal.... while I would like you guys to be happy with the look of the board, I have to like it too. I personally hate subSilver :roll: and that won't be part of the choices when the time comes, that is the default template that comes with the board, if we kept it, people would think that we were too lazy to do something else :? .

But I am going to pick 5 to 10 different templates that I like and install them all for you guys to test out. Not all will have a banner initially.

I will then make a poll with the choices and everyone can vote on those. The one with the most votes will be what we go with and a banner/logo will be made to go with it.

This way, I get something I can live with and you guys can choose out of those what you like.

But let's stop complaining about how dark it is... I happen to like it :wink: But then I like the dark :twisted:
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've ever caught me doing"

Zendragon
Man Behind the Curtan
Man Behind the Curtan

Post by Zendragon » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:21 pm

Fifthrider wrote:Well then, you're better than me. I've learned I can't please ANYONE so I give them something and tell them to shut up and be happy. I applaud your patience.

Just to clarify, my previous comments were a wish-list or my first impressions. Raw, uncensored, unfiltered by any notions of what I think people want to hear. It's honest feedback and nothing more.

As for the current look, I agree that this is way better than pastels or some other looks. If a new look HAS to be done ( and it does ) then this is just fine. But a background would still be fitting. With the previous earthtones the Indy/Lara look with the global map was a great and well liked idea. On this new black/grey thing a more techno look and feel is appropriate, thus my suggestion of a more James Bond or perhaps even Sci-Fi look to it.

I'm sure whatever you do it will look fine.

I hear what you are saying, I like the hi-tech idea personally :D

Zendragon
Man Behind the Curtan
Man Behind the Curtan

Post by Zendragon » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:22 pm

Ok...new color scheme uploaded called graphite....lighter....

Sir C
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Sir C » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:15 pm

I'm not really bothered by the colour scheme. Change is good and will always take some getting used to. I, for one, really appreciate all the time and energy that Zen has put into this.

My only concern is that, right now, the RaiderQuest.com/What is Your Adventure/Message Forum banner is a bit small and partially illegible at my 1024x768 screen resolution...

Lee Anne
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Lee Anne » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:27 pm

Spiffy!!! Nice job...I like this black one..but then again <--ish partial to black...

Mich
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Mich » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:32 am

Zendragon wrote:
Lara_Croft wrote:
None more black!

I personally hate subSilver :roll: and that won't be part of the choices when the time comes,

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry,gotta laugh....
But Graphite's great too.... :D
Oh,just want to add,I'm sorry if you see it as complaining about the dark colour,so I apologise.....but to be totally honest with you, that and not the look of the graphics etc.,( which I think are great) is more of an issue for me personally...IKNOW you do a fantastic job here Zen,but I'm not a mamby pamby person, and am only being honest with what I think...I'm not meaning anything personally( just in case ppl are getting the wrong end of the stick) :roll:
Last edited by Mich on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Leigh Croft
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Leigh Croft » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:38 am

I like the one were on at the moment! Very streamlined! :wink:

lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by lady linny » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:59 am

i personally don't mind what colour the board is....i did like the indy colours, but as long as we can keep coming here and hanging out i really don't mind at all.....
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...

Elvis
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Post by Elvis » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:33 am

OH..AAHHH!

How about no color, just black and white....or MomoChrome, Green or Orange!
How U Doin!

Zendragon
Man Behind the Curtan
Man Behind the Curtan

Post by Zendragon » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:51 am

Elvis wrote:OH..AAHHH!

How about no color, just black and white....or MomoChrome, Green or Orange!

I actually saw a black and white template, it is sort of hard on the eyes lol