Hello!

Welcome to RaiderQuest. Please drop in and say hi, introduce yourself! Enjoy your stay!

Moderators: Mich, Zendragon

Hello!

Postby Vinny » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi!

This post is a little belated lol... I actually signed up here back in 2005. I was thinking of entering an online Lara contest at the time, and signed up to check out the Lara gear forum. However, I never had the time for the contest. I remembered this place because I want to dress up as Lara later this year at a convention. Amazingly, I remembered my username and password! I've been lurking a lot over the past few days, reading a lot of the old posts, and figured I may as well introduce myself :)

So a little about myself... despite my username (Vinny - something I wouldn't have chosen now, but I can't change it!) I'm female. I'm 24 years old. I'm Australian, but I'm currently living in Sweden, as my job allows me to travel a fair bit. I work as an engineer.

I've been a fan of Tomb Raider/Lara Croft pretty much since it became popular and I first heard about it. While I haven't played as many of the games as I want, I really enjoy them. The character of Lara Croft has always appealed to me, as I admire strong, independent women. Back in 2000, my mother suggested I go as Lara Croft to a dress-up day on the last day of high school, and I loved the idea since I liked the character. I had a lot of fun putting the outfit together, and felt totally awesome in it. I dragged it out again in 2002 to wear to a work costume/Christmas party (where one guy proceeded to call me "Angelina" all night, even though I was wearing the classic outfit!).

Over the past couple of years, I've been attending conventions, mainly sci-fi, as I'm a big Stargate fan, but more general ones too. And so I'm hoping to go as Lara to one later this year.

Apart from Tomb Raider, I'm also a fan of the Legend of Zelda series of games. But even then, I rarely have time for gaming these days! As mentioned, I'm a big fan of Stargate, and I also love Prison Break at the moment. Some of my hobbies include sports (I'll try almost anything!), exercise, writing, reading, and crafty things like making jewellery.

Nice to meet you all!
Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Postby April_Croft » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Hey welcome love, although you were here before me LOL.You sound really cool.. I'm the WACKYone of the forum, as you can probably tell if ou've read any of my threads.. Well, me and RB... :lol:

I like writing etc too but am rubbish when it comes to crafty stuff.. Wish it wasn't like that though..

So, nice to meet you dear :) xxx
April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Postby aNa » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Hiya! Welcome (back) aboard!

I think you can ask Zen to change your username, just send him a PM. :wink:

Do you have pix of your 2000 Lara costume? I'm sure everyone would love to see them!

Have fun! :D
There's no rest for the wicked...
aNa
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby lady linny » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:17 am

hey Vinny welcome! i too play Zelda but only on the DS at the mo...god that's taxing for me anyway! welcome to RQ i'm sure you will feel right at home
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...
lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Mich » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:42 am

Hello, and welcome to you.This is a great place to be.
Mich
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Corellia » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 am

Hello and a big welcome from me too! I agre, we'd LOVE to see your lara pics if you have ones :P

have a great time! 8)
Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Vinny » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:14 am

Thanks for all the welcomes :D

My 2000/2002 Lara pics are currently on the other side of the world to me, at my parents' house in Australia. They were also taken in the days before I had a digital camera, so I'll have to scan them in. But I'm meant to be going back to Australia at the end of April, so I'll have to remember them when I go back! However, they're not very good photos (mainly taken with other people), and the costume is terrible compared to the awesome ones I've seen on this site, as I didn't have much money or know how to order awesome accessories off the Internet back then!

lady linny it's also great to meet another Zelda gamer! Are you playing Phantom Hourglass on the DS? That game made me laugh so much (*loves Linebeck*)
Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Postby Pitfall Harry » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:18 am

Welcome to RQ, Vinny. Hope you enjoy your time here. :D

I JUST started playing Phantom Hourglass.......I'm trying to get used to using the stylus to move Link around. :lol:
Pitfall Harry
Raider
Raider

Postby ramiel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:19 am

Welcome aboard! :D
Image and myBLOG
ramiel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Vinny » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:47 am

Thanks ramiel and Pitfall Harry!

Phantom Hourglass was my first DS game, and I loved the stylus control and found it pretty easy to get used to. Then I got another DS game (New Super Mario Bros.) and was like, "Damn, do I have to use 2 hands again?" :P I liked lying in bed on my side and using just one hand with the stylus.
Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Postby Leigh Croft » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:21 am

Hey Vinny, welcome to the board! I agree, would love to see the pics of your costume! I hope you have fun here! :wink:
Leigh Croft
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Tenyon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey girl! Welcome to the board! Big welcome hug for you :).
Between night and dawn, a whole new world can be seen...it's the truth.
Tenyon
Raider
Raider

Postby koisty » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Hiya Vinny, I know i said hello in another thread, but its nice to get another just on case! :wink: have fun here, and just shout if you need anything! :D
I have mood poisoning, it must have been something I hate!
koisty
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby Jenn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Welcome back to the board! I see we have common taste in DS games (I LOVED the new supermario bros and am currently getting thru phantom hourglass).

You should tell you parents to mail some of the pics so we can see ;) We're an oh so impatient bunch when it comes to pics. 8)
Jenn
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Postby lady linny » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:05 am

off topic i know i hate that Jolene in POG god shes a right pain....i have a DS action replay cartridge..because i am such a crap gamer i need the darn thing!
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...
lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Next

Return to Welcome