How Old Have You Gotta Be To Go To A Con?

Anything and everything Cosplay

Moderators: Mich, Lady_Dragon

April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

How Old Have You Gotta Be To Go To A Con?

Post by April_Croft » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:05 am

My friend said 16, and I only turned 15 this feb so I can't go if she's right...

lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by lady linny » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:24 am

you can go any age you like really,,,but i think for safety sake you should get an adult to go....there are some nasty people around in this world that would take advantage....not only anywhere in the country but London is not a very nice place
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...

Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Post by Vinny » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:45 pm

I've seen little kids and even babies! But if it's your first con you should go with someone you know. Try and drag a parent or friend along with you, even if you're meeting people you 'know' from the internet but haven't met in real life before.

April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by April_Croft » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:47 pm

my parents and friends REALLY wouldn't go :(

Vinny
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Post by Vinny » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Maybe if you try and convince them long enough, one will go with you. Maybe just your Dad could tag along for a day. Even if he doesn't like it, let him know how important it is to you and how much it would mean to you if he could just come along for that one day.

April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by April_Croft » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Honestly, my Dad wouldn't go no way no how :(
Last edited by April_Croft on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ramiel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by ramiel » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Nah, it can't be, my dad really "FORCED" me to go to the last year con! He wanted to see how it would be and how I would look as Jack Sparrow... I think he enjoyed the con at least like me (if not more!)
You can always ask him, at least to have someone to take care of you while you're there...
Image and myBLOG

sakara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by sakara » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:49 am

i didnt start going till i was 20!....to be honest it depends on the event or convention

events like LFCC, EXPO, etc are day events that all ages go to....and enjoy. in fact the majority of people who cosplay at expo are young as its mainly anime.

at proper hotel conventions such as starfurt events, wolf events - SG cons etc then i think its better to be over 18...theyre more adult in nature...you need to have a sense of maturity. Most attendess will be adult and they take a dim view to over zealous young fans who can ( im not saying your like that) become incredibly annoying at cons - bugging and mobbing the guests...getting badly drunk and not handling it..etc etc

So...if you can get some people you know to maybe meet you at an event like lfcc , go from there. Best to buddy with someone as these events are in London and if you get lost there it can be bad...
"You're not afraid of the dark are you?

http://www.darksidecostumes.com