OCR software

Computer Problems, Other hardware or software issues, post a question...we will try to help

Moderator: Zendragon

Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

OCR software

Post by Corellia » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:27 am

does any of you have experience with OCR software, or can you recommend a certain program?

I need to OCR-scan some documents I have as hardcopy only, and I don't want to retype everything... :roll: but I can't seem to find decent and working software.
So far, I've tried ReadIris and OmniPage, but they're causing nothing but problems... omnipage doesn't recognize a single word, and ReadIris causes a fatal program error after every scan and shuts down the program. :?

I'd most appreciate any hints :wink:

Sir C
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Sir C » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Corellia » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:32 am

Thanks, I will! 8)

Sir C
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Sir C » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:52 am

Something else you might want to try is Easy Office which is a free, open source, office suite (very like MS Office). You can save any word document, or paste in your scan and save it as a pdf (something MS can't do...)

http://www.easyofficesuite.com/

Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Corellia » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 pm

I know easyoffice, it's pretty cool for os software 8)

I've found a decent ocr prog that works just fine - it's called FineReader. It's a trial only, but 15 days should be enough to scan and organize all my stuff :wink: I was really surprised at the speed and accuracy it provides.

thanks for the links, though, I've downloaded these demos as well for further useage hehe...