Pixel monitor

Computer Problems, Other hardware or software issues, post a question...we will try to help

Moderator: Zendragon

Tenyon
Raider
Raider

Pixel monitor

Post by Tenyon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:22 am

I just bought a new laptop HP Pavilion DV 7-1150ED and although the colors are bright on this new laptop, all the pictures etc. I see have pixels jpeg artifacts and bad transitions between light and dark parts of the picture (it looks more like an altitude map if you know what I mean).
I'm running Windows Vista on it and I already tried to calibrate my monitor, but according to the color chart, there should be nothing wrong....but of course it is. Unlikely that is supposed to be this way.
I did a google search, and it looks like it's just bad comunication between the factory standerds and that of Vista...but how do I change this back to normal?
Can somebody help me?
Between night and dawn, a whole new world can be seen...it's the truth.

Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Corellia » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 am

did you get a drivers CD along with the monitor? sometimes, you need to install these to make windows recognize the monitor by its type or model number instead of just "standard display", to be able to change all the relevant settings... OR you might need an update for your graphics card...

Zendragon
Man Behind the Curtan
Man Behind the Curtan

Re: Pixel monitor

Post by Zendragon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Tenyon wrote:I just bought a new laptop HP Pavilion DV 7-1150ED and although the colors are bright on this new laptop, all the pictures etc. I see have pixels jpeg artifacts and bad transitions between light and dark parts of the picture (it looks more like an altitude map if you know what I mean).
I'm running Windows Vista on it and I already tried to calibrate my monitor, but according to the color chart, there should be nothing wrong....but of course it is. Unlikely that is supposed to be this way.
I did a google search, and it looks like it's just bad comunication between the factory standerds and that of Vista...but how do I change this back to normal?
Can somebody help me?

Is your monitor set to "true color"?
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've ever caught me doing"

Tenyon
Raider
Raider

Post by Tenyon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Zendragon wrote:
Tenyon wrote:I just bought a new laptop HP Pavilion DV 7-1150ED and although the colors are bright on this new laptop, all the pictures etc. I see have pixels jpeg artifacts and bad transitions between light and dark parts of the picture (it looks more like an altitude map if you know what I mean).
Can somebody help me?

Dumb question: how do I check that?

And Julia: I rushed to check if there was a cd, but it came without anything.
I have a GeForce 9200GS card (aspects below), checked for updates on google, and there are none

* 55nm G96/D9M GPU
* 16 Stream Processors.
* 550 MHz core, with a 1350 MHz unified shader clock.
* 4.4 billion texels/s fillrate.
* 256 MB/512 MB/1024 MB 800 MHz DDR2 or 256 MB 1600 MHz GDDR3[4] , both with a 128-bit memory bus
* 12.8 GB/s memory bandwidth for boards configured with DDR2 800 MHz memory.
* Support DirectX 10, Shader Model 4.0, OpenGL 2.1, and PCI-Express 2.0.
* Supports 2nd generation PureVideo technology and Hybrid Power technology. [5][6][7]

Zendragon
Man Behind the Curtan
Man Behind the Curtan

Post by Zendragon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Tenyon wrote:
Zendragon wrote:
Can somebody help me?

Dumb question: how do I check that?

And Julia: I rushed to check if there was a cd, but it came without anything.
I have a GeForce 9200GS card (aspects below), checked for updates on google, and there are none

* 55nm G96/D9M GPU
* 16 Stream Processors.
* 550 MHz core, with a 1350 MHz unified shader clock.
* 4.4 billion texels/s fillrate.
* 256 MB/512 MB/1024 MB 800 MHz DDR2 or 256 MB 1600 MHz GDDR3[4] , both with a 128-bit memory bus
* 12.8 GB/s memory bandwidth for boards configured with DDR2 800 MHz memory.
* Support DirectX 10, Shader Model 4.0, OpenGL 2.1, and PCI-Express 2.0.
* Supports 2nd generation PureVideo technology and Hybrid Power technology. [5][6][7]

You can right click on the desktop (wallpaper area) and go to display properties, should be under "settings"
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've ever caught me doing"

Tenyon
Raider
Raider

Post by Tenyon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:05 pm

...looks like windows Vista has no display properties, I can only change and check something with NVIDIA. (goes google Nvidia)

Sir C
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Sir C » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Tenyon
Raider
Raider

Post by Tenyon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:21 am

It helped a bit, but I can still see it, so now according to the store, I've got to send it back. *cries*...hope they can fix the problem.