Prince of persia

All Video Game talk... from Tomb Raider to Tekken, Soul Caliber to Resident Evil

Moderators: Corellia, Lady_Dragon

lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Prince of persia

Post by lady linny » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:32 pm

does anyone have it yet? i bought it with some early birthday pennies (by the way blighties it's only £19.97 in argos) it looks amazing i love the new cell shading...i am really enjoying playing it
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...

ramiel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by ramiel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:06 pm

I can't wait to buy the PS3 to buy that game too... Artistically(?) speaking, I'm in love with the visual style of that game! :love3: :love3: :love3:
Image and myBLOG

lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by lady linny » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:04 am

it looks amazing hun...i was well impressed

Lara_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Lara_Croft » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 pm

i love that game, the music, the environment and the dialog especially

Anneke
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Anneke » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 am

This is another game my company worked on.

I gotta say, I loved the artistic direction of it, I dont know if I've played another game that looks this amazing and unique.

My only problem was that there was absolutely nothing new. There was no exploring because you have a set path with distinct limited options. There was almost no enemies either except for scripted boss and miniboss encounters. There was completely repetitive gameplay with almost no upgrades in the abilities that the prince can perform. There was also no real sense of danger since the princess saved you from every deadly drop--and contrary to that mechanic it can be SO repetitive if you get stuck on a tricky corner or ledge and have to try the jump over and over again...

I played it for hours and hours, days and days, and finally returned it because I realized it felt like I was just playing the first level over and over again :?

Overall, I say it had the best graphics and artistic design I've seen in forever, some fun dialogue and neat characters, some great free running game mechanics, but the gameplay was overall extremely shallow and combat was virtually non existent. I don't think we'll see the Prince of Persia franchise continuing with this particular rendition (especially considering the movie Prince of Persia goes back to the older Sands of Time era prince!)
Nothing is certain until your dead and then I'm sure God negotiates.

lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by lady linny » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:42 am

having played a lot of the levels anneke i know what you mean...i feel i am getting nowhere and seem to be looking for lights in the same areas