WET

All Video Game talk... from Tomb Raider to Tekken, Soul Caliber to Resident Evil

Moderators: Corellia, Lady_Dragon

TRaiderGurl
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

WET

Post by TRaiderGurl » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:37 am

I am surprised no one has posted about this game.
http://wet.bethsoft.com/?fbid=-EoOR_-7Ayd

I started playing it a couple of weeks ago. I'm not as far as I'd hope due to being so busy. But, so far, it's pretty good. It's a mix of Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia. The acrobatics are fun, if you can get the hang of it. You're actually rated at the end of each level on your acrobatic skills, kill and finish time.
It's so 1970's. The music is awesome. And you feel like you're watching a Grindhouse type movie.
I like Elisha Dushku (the voice of the main character Rubi) but she sounded so robotic in this. And, the death scenes are, well non existent. You die the same way every time. No screaming, just a horrible rag doll effect.

Well, let me know what yall think of it.

lady linny
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by lady linny » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:57 am

the graphics to this game are impressive, but when i saw the trailer i thought aw gawd another shooter with jumping....she makes a fab character though doesn't she
Raid my tomb & i'll tell Lara...

TRaiderGurl
Expedition Guide
Expedition Guide

Post by TRaiderGurl » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 pm

lady linny wrote:the graphics to this game are impressive, but when i saw the trailer i thought aw gawd another shooter with jumping....she makes a fab character though doesn't she
Yes, there is A LOT of jumping. And every time she jumps the camera slows it down. I thought i would get annoyed by that after a while, but it's actually ok.
She does make a cool character. I'm trying to do a cos of it for my next convention.

Lara_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Lara_Croft » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:02 pm

i think that game is very unique and super Tarantino type stylish, great pick when you want some fast paced action. I agree the main character is cool too, worth cosplaying

Lindsey
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lindsey » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:27 am

I got this game for xmas after waiting for a year for it to come out and its amazing! The game play is different and unique and really cool! And the story is good too! Although the game itself has the bad 70's cheesy action flick feel to it, with a Tarantino style twist! But that just makes it even better!

I think this would make a great movie too! But ONLY if Tarantino or Rodriguez make it! And Eliza plays Rubi!

Al1x
Excavator
Excavator

Post by Al1x » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:57 am

I would like to get this game.. looks pretty cool. just want to fininh some of the games i have at the moment before getting any more!

Anneke
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Anneke » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:44 am

My company did work for this game so I was a huge fan! I wanted to do the costume, but there are a TON of custom pieces. However, if you have an H&M in your area they have a great starter jacket for the costume--it was a little pricey at ~$40 or so.
Nothing is certain until your dead and then I'm sure God negotiates.