New image for the offical TR 9 game

All Video Game talk... from Tomb Raider to Tekken, Soul Caliber to Resident Evil

Moderators: Corellia, Lady_Dragon

Mich
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Mich » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:07 am

I have to agree... I don't like this new look at all. She looks like a very pretty BOY!
Now it's all well and good IF they call this a totally new character but love her or hate her the way she was, Lara Croft was how she was, and this new look is absolutely nothing like her...
* Shrug*

xcroftwannabex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by xcroftwannabex » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:29 pm

I dont like this look for Lara.. it doesn't look like Lara at all. She just looks like a new video game character. I wish they would stop changing her look. starting to miss the classic Lara very very much :(
xxx
x - [Max]ine - x
Deeply inlove with that one special boy :)
xx Together since 10/06/2008 xx

aNa
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by aNa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm

For me, this just isn't Lara. Although I like some details but... nope, can't really see her there. :?
There's no rest for the wicked...

Gemma
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by Gemma » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:17 am

aNa wrote:For me, this just isn't Lara. Although I like some details but... nope, can't really see her there. :?
I feel exactly the same way. Since they've changed her and her back story that often the essence of the character is just lost for me.

Perhaps the developers should ignore the whole Lara thing (as they seem to have done anyway) and just release this 'rebooted' Lara as a completely new character with a new name and a new background - although I suppose they're just trying to cash in on the Tomb Raider franchise :?
My moral standing is lying down

xcroftwannabex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by xcroftwannabex » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:39 am

I just dont understand how they can put lara with a bow when its ALWAYSSS been about her guns. Hopefully, she'll find her guns somewhere on this island and THAT'S how she fell inlove with her guns. Ideally, i think if they were going to make a game that happened before the first tomb raider that they should've made it so she got trapped in a pyramid or something because the game is called "TOMB raider" not "ISLAND raider" lol.
xxx
x - [Max]ine - x

xcroftwannabex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by xcroftwannabex » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 am

FINALLY!! A trailer!! :D http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... be&h=6eadc

It looks good and lara looks sooo real but im still not sure :?

what does everyone else thing?
xxx
x - [Max]ine - x

melloncollie
Myth
Myth

Post by melloncollie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:00 pm

I like the look of the trailer but I assume it's all CGI cutscenes and no gameplay.

I do like the look of this Lara but dammit the archaeologist in me is annoyed that they've moved so far away from that angle of late, a real retro feel but not cheesy good old fashioned archaeological adventure could be so good...

Peralton
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Peralton » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:34 pm

You want gameplay? Well, they released new gameplay footage today at E3 and, frankly, it looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlXVgCLtAc8

I am hoping the storyline leads into the established canon of Lara. That from this experience she is toughened up and opens her eyes to the mysteries of the world.
Peralton

Anneke
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Anneke » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:56 am

As I've been following every scrap of news coming out of E3 I am SO excited for this title. It's not the details themselves as much as the team working on the title and what they have to say for their goals for Lara Croft that really got me excited to play this. Mainly, they have made it clear that they want her to have a real character, not be this booby cartoon character. I mean, when I think about it, Lara Croft was mostly just a Barbie doll. She had vague characteristics like "Confident" and "Strong" but when it really came down to it she was an empty shell that most of us put our OWN ideas of a strong female character into (which is why she was so popular and we loved her so much, but I personally expect more out of my video games these days.) Lara was basically a charicature of herself. She was getting extremely predictable. Infallible. Boring. I am looking forward to an actual character to come out of this and hopefully with dialogue that will involve more than a few in-your-face quips and one-liners.

Anyway, Some more details from E3 Coverage:

-The voice in the CG trailer is Lara's voice in the game as well (same actress) but they are not revealing her name yet. I believe they also said this is the same actress who did the mo-cap for her animations.

-There will be NO SWIMMING (I had a tear of disappointment roll outta my eye for this.)

-The creative director Noah Hodges said that Lara will evolve as the game progresses in abilities and physicality, but she will never be that world-class gymnast like she was in her cartoonier days.

-The game is confirmed for the Fall 2012 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

-Water, blood, and debris will splash onto the camera screen to aid in the immersion factor.

-The CG trailer may not actually wind up in the game--which would be too bad. I'd love to see it in full HD on my big TV...
Nothing is certain until your dead and then I'm sure God negotiates.

April_Croft
Historical Legend
Historical Legend

Post by April_Croft » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:38 pm

I like the look of it as a game but not as Tomb Raider...like previously mentioned it is just not Lara like...they have changed her look and bio so much that I think it us all a bit of a shambles now...I am curious to see this one though ads'Lara' doesn't look like a botoxed, lip implant loving drag queen like in underworld and she doesn't look as bad as legend and anniversary...Maxine, I miss the classics too hun x

Anneke
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Anneke » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Officially stated, Lara Croft live models will "Never happen again"

http://ca.kotaku.com/5810457/lara-croft ... movie-will
I can barely ask the question before Tomb Raider's Karl Stewart has an answer.

"That will never happen again," he says. "We want to create a visceral experience. We want people to look at Lara and see the psychological aspect of her character.

"Having a real Lara out there doing cartwheels kind of destroys that."

So we won't be seeing a Croft model rolled out to help promote what is quickly becoming one of my most anticipated games of 2012, despite the fact that the women who voices her is an actress. But that doesn't mean that all fiction surrounding this reinvention of Croft as a more relevant character will be limited to the Tomb Raider game.

Earlier this year, it was announced that Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (the writers behind Children of Men and Ironman) will be writing the screenplay for a new Tomb Raider Movie. The movie is expected to come out in early 2013, well after the game hits.

While it won't be a movie that recreates the game's story, it will be one inspired by the game's new vision of Croft as a young woman shipwrecked on an island.

"They bought into the vision of taking a 21-year-old girl on her first adventure," Stewart said. "We're excited that the movie will be about Lara going down that same path.

"We had the opportunity to go out and look for partners for the movie. I think we've picked the right partner to cement something very solid. They've done some phenomenal things in the past."
Nothing is certain until your dead and then I'm sure God negotiates.

melloncollie
Myth
Myth

Post by melloncollie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:25 pm

gah autumn 2012 is agggeeeees away!