Batman vs Superman

Dicuss your favorite comics with us.

Moderators: Zendragon, Chuey

Corellia
Expedition Leader
Expedition Leader

Post by Corellia » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:21 am

Gemma wrote:I like all the gadgets batman uses - they make the whole thing more realistic in a way.

realistic... interesting term when it comes to super heroes :lol:
but I know what you mean of course, and I totally agree :wink:

Zebrapix
Excavator
Excavator

Post by Zebrapix » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:29 am

I know I don't pipe up often here, but it's an interesting question. Superman OR Batman... it's like asking which is better, an apple or an orange.

Superman represents great power tempered by strong morals and sense of responsibility. His stories are about how he deals with the "gray" issues. Superman is about acting with integrity and decency in a world of paper-thin creatures he could dominate or destroy with limited effort.

Batman represents a single man overcoming self-imposed limitations. He's about refusing to accept the things life hands you and commiting to a greater cause than himself. As best depicted in Batman Begins, it is a long struggle that comes with sacrifice, but it results in this ordinary man (well, ordinary RICH man) cleaning up his home town of hordes of villains and thugs.

Batman will always beat Superman, because the only reason Batman would fight Superman is if Superman needed to be beaten down. And then, like Captain America, he will prevail because he is a hero.

LarryFilmmaker
Excavator
Excavator

Post by LarryFilmmaker » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:00 pm

Zebrapix wrote:I know I don't pipe up often here, but it's an interesting question. Superman OR Batman... it's like asking which is better, an apple or an orange.

Superman represents great power tempered by strong morals and sense of responsibility. His stories are about how he deals with the "gray" issues. Superman is about acting with integrity and decency in a world of paper-thin creatures he could dominate or destroy with limited effort.

Batman represents a single man overcoming self-imposed limitations. He's about refusing to accept the things life hands you and commiting to a greater cause than himself. As best depicted in Batman Begins, it is a long struggle that comes with sacrifice, but it results in this ordinary man (well, ordinary RICH man) cleaning up his home town of hordes of villains and thugs.

Batman will always beat Superman, because the only reason Batman would fight Superman is if Superman needed to be beaten down. And then, like Captain America, he will prevail because he is a hero.

I thought that was all amazingly put save for the last paragraph. What if Batman needs beaten down? Isn't Superman a hero?